Thursday, July 03, 2008

The similarities of a prostitute and a job hunter

I just realize the similarities of a whore and a fresh Grad looking for jobs. I feel like a whore right now...

I am constantly selling myself to companies in my cover letter by customizing each cover i send out...man oh man its a toll on my mind and fingers. I not only have to think of what to right but i even crack my brain to determine whats the linked between the responsibilities required and what i am capable of...which i would say is mostly crap..

Instead of flaunting my assets visually i am flaunting my assets through words and cheeky essays. well I just hope at least 1 of the companies would engage my services....i so promise i will provide a good and satisfying services and make sure they keep coming back for more....see i am so selling myself...

But i am not degrading whores....in fact i think they are rather capable...i mean after engaging in the sales trade currently i do realize selling oneself is really not an easy task especially when there are tons of other who are like you selling themselves to the same potential clients too.

Example...the only differences between myself and other grads possessing the same degree or similar degree would be the grades and probably the level of skills which more or less are homogeneous. These are like every whore/prostitutes have the same boobs and figure the only differences is probably the size and shape of it...

The higher the grade of the boobs or educations well the more sort after you are. The better your skill in providing the necessary service the higher chances of the customer engaging your service.

And like a prostitute the customer has no way of knowing how good your services are..thus you have to sell yourself...like a fresh grad.

SEE the similarities so you people better not look down on services providers because you too are selling yourself in one way or the other.

In economics term i would consider myself in a perfect competitive market. Almost everyone possess the same banking and finance degree and there is little or no differentiation in these degree. In fact its hard for employees (a.k.a customers/clients) to determine your worth. The only way to signal would be to dress up your cover letter or resume like how a prostitute dress up herself/himself attractively to seduce clients.

We therefore have to master the art of seduction before we can find the right job that would satisfy our desire!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home